Sunday 9 August 2009

Sorry about the blank update

Right I am gonna do a top ten songs per week, justify them as well as possible and take any potential improvements in my musical taste . Also not all of these songs are recent, bt I'll try to avoid repetition of songs

10: You Me At Six-Poker Face- Something about this cover of Lady Gaga's dance-pop track screams AWESOME at you. The fact they made it gender appropriate to them has helped men across the country and the guitar and drums have replaced the synth. All in all a very decent attempt from a very decent band

9:A Static Lullaby-Toxic- Yes another cover, this time of Britney's pop hit Toxic, but rock band A Static Lullaby have rocked it up, screamed in places but all in all it worked and is well deserved #9

8:Asher Roth-I Love College- I could of put 4 Asher songs in and not feel any guilt, but I just put in his biggest hit to date I Love College. It's ideallistic in its lyrics but its just a fantastic head bobbing song to chill and have a laugh to, definate for summer parties everywhere.

7:Citizen Cope- Bullet And A Target- Citizen Cope is another artist I could of put a number of songs in for, but I went with my personal favorite. It is a matter of time till Cope makes it big,atleast on this side of the pond, and this will be a album gem that only true fans shall of heard of, a fantastic single

6:Eminem-Fack-'Shove A gerbil in your ass,through a tube' is my favorite lyric on a x-rated
album track by Em. A song about sex, misdeameanors and a guy who must of came about 6 times during the 4 minute length of the song. A funny track.

5:The Cure-Lovecats-I could of put a lot of The Cure in here but like the others I'll spread them out. I chose Lovecats cause it has been part of my mega happy mood this week.The rather cool bababaaabababababa's at the begining set the tone for a fantastic track that would normally be top 3.

4:jason Mraz-I'm Yours- Pure Summer Happiness excretes from these song, spreading throughout the nation. It is impossible not to love this song because it's just so simple. Yet again normal top three material

3:Cobra Starship-Good Girls Go Bad ft Leighton Meester- Infectious Upbeat Electro rock. Gabe Sporta's boys really upped the expectation for the new album for m with this track. You'll find yourself singing along with it and the beautiful Leighton Meester weighs in with some fantastic vocals. Bravo Cobra.

2:The Lonely Island-I'm on a Boat ft T-Pain- The frequent use of the F word, the rap, the fact its a comedy song, it shouldn't be top two worthy ! But its just beyond words, The Lonely Island have made the perfect comedy record. T-Pain has no real use bar repitition and informing us all that he 'fucked a mermaid oooh yeahhh yeaaaah yeah'.

1:Bright Eyes- First Day Of My Life- I .Love .This .Song ! I actually can't help but to fall in love with it everytime I hear it, it just lifts you up so very much. When I got introduced to this song I just laughed at the end , I felt that good after it. Bright eyes are not EVERYONE's cup of tea, but I reccomend them highly, geniuses.

1 comment: